
The love of my life, the place I dream about during the year (winter specifically), where my childhood memories live, the place that taught me to love the sun and love to swim; this place is now cold and rainy. haha It's so sad! I know I shouldn't complain at all, I'm lucky to have a place to go like this, but I've only been able to come this summer 3 times. The first visit was a bit iffy weather wise, the second had beautiful weather but was cut short, and this visit has only given us one great beach day and its almost time to leave. Now I love our little cabin in the woods and listening to the wind in the trees and the billowing waves, but I love basking in the sun and diving in the waves even more. Mother and I are a cute duo, trying to relax and not be too sad while we drink our coffee and read, but the truth is that we are both what you may call sun worshipers and definitely beach bums.
Fall is certainly in the air here. Fall - a new school year, new colors in the air, and new beginnings. My journey is getting ready for one of its big transitions this year. I'm going to go sublet in NYC in just a little over a week! This "girl time" with mom has been so nice to get ready for this next step. As well as being in such a serene and beautiful (when its not raining ha) place before I hit the city that is wall to wall people. I'm trying to soak as much nature in as possible. I'm always excited for new beginnings and I love that soon I will be working and filling my days with purpose. Remembering to balance things will be my goal, and remembering to be open minded, trusting, and loving. This transition will be a smooth one and I honestly think that it is the right next transition for me and my journy.

No comments:
Post a Comment